Champions of the Future programme
The Champions of the Future programme gives Westminster’s gifted and talented athletes an opportunity to access financial support and mentoring to help with training and development.
The programme is open to people aged 12 and above. Athletes will be selected on sporting success and the level at which they are competing.
If you compete at district, regional or national level, you could get:
- funding to be used for travel, equipment and accommodation
- free access to Everyone Active leisure centres across the UK and gyms in London that belong to the Jubilee Hall Trust
- the chance partner with universities in London
- the opportunity to be recognised in ActiveWestminster Awards and other regional awards
- help to gain coaching qualifications and the opportunity to apply for roles with Everyone Active
How to apply
Applications will open on 21st January 2019.
To qualify you must:
- live, study or work in Westminster
- be registered with a National Governing Body affiliated club
- be either ranked in the top 20 at a regional competition in the current year (2018-2019) or be a member of a regional squad (age band to senior) with regional squad results in the current championship year (2018-2019)
Champion of the Future is brought to you by Westminster City Council, Everyone Active, London Sports Trust,SportsAid and Jubilee Hall Trust. Applications are submitted via the EveryoneActive’s Sporting Champions website. Athletes need to select the gold, silver or bronze award as appropriate to their level of performance. The deadline for applications is 22nd February 2019.
Please note that while Everyone Active’s Sporting Champions programme does not provide funding with the bronze award, the Champions of the Future programme will provide Westminster athletes with funding to those that are successful in this category.